Policies and Guidelines:
Bass Monkey / Wedowee Extreme prides itself on providing a safe and exciting boating adventure to all the visitors of Lake Wedowee. In order to ensure a safe and happy day of fun day on the lake, certain precautions must be made. These policies are in place to keep everyone safe and to help promote an enjoyable lake experience for everyone.
Reservation, Rental, Cancellation and Weather Policies
- Reservations are for full and multi-day rentals only. Call for half day rental options. Reservations under two-days-notice need to call for availability.
- Deposits: To secure a reservation, a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $100.00 is charged at the time the reservation is made.
- If your plans change, you can change to another date up to 15 days in advance of reservation departure date. Any change to a reservation will result in a $25.00 administration fee. Your original $100.00 will be applied with exceptions of Holidays ( Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day). Holiday reservations are charged in full at time of reservation and are not refundable. We hold a deposit for two months before you lose the full amount. If you change your reservation 14 days or less prior to your reservation, the deposit is lost and a new one will be applied to the new reservation.
- Credit cards will be charged in full 14 days prior to departure. Reservations made 14 days or under designated departure date will be charged in full.
All cancellations must be made by calling Bass Monkey at (256) 601-9544 or 404-457-1347.
Cancellations within 14 days of reservation are charged in full and will be refunded if we book a reservation for the same amount or greater. We will contact you if we will be applying a refund. That will occur the week after your cancelled reservation and only if we have successfully booked another reservation at or above your full value. No shows are charged for full reservation and lose the option to take the boat on the water. No shows must book a new reservation.
Rainy days are boating days. If it is raining in the early morning, the weather often clears by 10:00 am. Check the overall day forecast, before making the decision to cancel your reservation.
Day of Rental – Full refunds will only be given if it is a non-boatable day, meaning it is unsafe to boat due to lightning, pouring rain, or extremely rough water. Cloudy days are boatable days. Refunds are at the sole discretion of Bass Monkey, LLC.
- Drivers must be at least 21 years of age with a current and valid driver’s license.
- Maximum drivers per boat rented are 2. Passengers can be of any age.
- All passengers will be required to sign a Release of Liability. Minors under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian’s signature.
- A $500 (boat) credit card security deposit for each boat rented is required on the day of the rental. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Debit card, check cards, cash, and checks cannot be used for a security deposit. Captain service available to avoid charge. Call for pricing.
- Multi-day rates are available – Must have a secure dock on Lake Wedowee that allows for safe and secure docking of boat. Boats must be docked by 7:00pm nightly. Boats cannot be removed from the water at any time and must remain on Lake Wedowee.
- Operation of our vessels after dark is strictly prohibited and will result in a full forfeiture of your reservation and cause immediate surrender of the vessel. The boat is tracked with anti-theft and movement technology. If the vessel is moved after 7:00 pm or during dark, the vessel will be surrendered immediately and you will forfeit your full reservation amount regardless of number of days booked. Removal, tampering or disengaging of anti-theft system will result in immediate surrender of the vessel and full charge for reservation plus any fees to service or replace the system.
- Renters will be contacted at the phone number on file 1-2 days ahead of departure by the Bass Monkey Dock Captain. The Dock Captain will confirm your boat reservation and provide any additional information needed including directions to Bass Monkey. Bass Monkey is located behind Wedowee Marine North at 21130 US Hwy 431, Wedowee. There are two locations for Wedowee Marine so be sure you are coming to the NORTH location not SOUTH. You must confirm schedule departure time and should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure and participate in the orientation for boat review and safety at pre-launch. The pre-launch orientation will review rules and laws, boat use and training and safety measures. THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL AND IS REQUIRED FOR ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS. A days rental is 8:30am to 4:30pm. You are a no show after one hour and your credit card will be charged for the full amount of reservation and water craft will be returned to available inventory for call ins. Be respectful of our Captain’s time and arrive on time. We launch several boats at once and provide one session for all. A $50 fee may be applied if you miss the session and need a separate one.
- Your boat is due back at Wedowee Marine North at 4:30pm (again be sure you are navigating to the right Marina). Boats need to be full of fuel at time of return to avoid full tank and service fee. Gas pumps close at 5:00 so plan accordingly. Late returns will be charged $50.00 for every 15 minutes past your rental return time. After one hour you will be charged a full days rate and boat is required to be returned immediately. Boats go out daily and need to be prepared for the next day so return time is strictly enforced. Please remove all trash and return boat as clean as when you received the vessel.
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- No Towing of any boat for any reason
- No diving or jumping off boats while in motion, as tempting as it may seem at the time. There is a running motor!!
- All passengers MUST remain inside the railings while the boat is in motion, it’s the law.
- No fires or grilling on boats
- No skiing or tubing unless you have rented a boat that accommodates those activities. Check the website and your boat reservation and verify with your Captain prior to departure.
- No mooring at other docks, unless prior permission is obtained and noted on your contract.
- The engine MUST be turned off whenever a passenger is exiting into the water from the boat and when passenger is attempting to get back in the boat.
- Racing and or/ use of a boat in an unorganized or organized contest or competitive event is expressly prohibited.
- You MUST have a fully charged cell phone on board and keep it turned on. We recommend you bring a zip lock bag as cell phones and water are not friends.
- We recommend cruising at 3/4 throttle, not full throttle. Not only is this better for the engine, but outboard engines at full throttle are going to use a lot more gas, for very little extra speed. This will help you keep your gas costs down and limit opportunity for accidents as well as costs to you for damage to the motor.
- BALANCE the passengers on the boat so it does not lean to one side or ride bow down in the water. To many people in the bow converts the pontoon into a submarine, and that is never good!
- If you beach the boat and need to be rescued you will be charged $500 for the rescue fee. Pay attention to map and do not enter restricted areas.
- Children 6 and under must wear a life jacket at all times while on the boat – it’s the LAW! Renter is responsible for youth/infant/child USCG approved lifejackets.
- If you are pregnant or think that you are, please consult your physician before boarding any watercraft. Water activities can be unstable and boarding the boat is at the personal risk of the individual.
- Use of recreational and/or illegal drugs and consumption of alcohol are strictly prohibited while using, operating and/or riding on the watercraft.
- Renters must abide by the capacity limitations of the boat as set forth on the capacity plate. The total weight of gear and passengers inside the boat shall not exceed the capacity limitations as set forth by the manufacturer.
- Obey No Wake Zones at all times. Operators of boat must slow the boat to a “no wake” speed when the boat is within fifty (50) feet of a pier, dock, boathouse, boat ramp, people in the water, or any other motorized watercraft.
- During operation of boat, participants shall remain seated in a designated seat. Participants are prohibited from riding on the sundeck, railings, seatbacks or outside of the protective railings. All doors must be closed and secure during operation.
- Boat shall not be operated during adverse weather conditions such as high winds, lightning or rough waters.
- At a minimum, a three (3) member team is required when pulling a water-skier or a tow-sport participant behind a motorized water craft. The three (3) member team must consist of an operator, an observer, and the skier or tow-sport participant.
- When towing a participant on water-skis or other devices, an orange skier-down flag/life jacket must be displayed whenever the towed participant has fallen into the water or is preparing to ski.
- Renter is responsible for boat, motor, equipment and passengers. You break it, you bought it! See our list of charges for any items lost or broken. We do not offer insurance.
- When trimming up the engine, do NOT allow the propeller to come out of the water when the engine is on. You lose steering and will damage the engine.
- When dropping an anchor please make sure that the rope is securely fashioned to a boat cleat before throwing it into the water. Once the anchor is on the lake bed, yank on it first to make sure it is set. When departing please rinse off any mud or debris from anchor prior to stowing.
- If you get lost, call for instructions. All boats are equipped with GPS trackers.
–If your boat does not start, call us. We can probably figure it out on the phone. If not, we’ll come and get you. If we find it was “operator error” due to you not following the instructions, you will be charged $50 per hour for our time and gas. Towing fee is $500.00 for operator error.
ANY EXCEPTIONS to the above policies are at the sole discretion of Bass Monkey LLC.
Bass Monkey LLC reserves the right to refuse service. Bass Monkey LLC does not discriminate based on a customer’s national origin, religion, color, race, gender or sexual orientation and conducts business in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act and all local, state and federal public service laws.